TICKETS

Register for Latino Authors & Writers Conference in New York, NY  on Eventbrite

Sunday, January 30, 2011

"Meet the Author"

Went to a "Meet the Author" in Philly on Saturday. The guest author was Hector R. Ortiz, author of "The Creative Energy of Positive Thinking."  It was a very interesting and informative evening.  I'm considering asking him to speak at my conference!  I bought a copy of his book and he autographed it.  I also had the opportunity to introduce myself and network with the president of Taller Puertorriqueno, and another lady that was head of another Latino organization.  I handed out business cards and received very positive comments about the conference.  Now I'm looking forward to next month's event, "What it means to be Afro-Latino in Philadelphia: Stories from El Barrio."  This is going to be a photo-documentary by photographer Sandra Andino, and it promises to be interesting as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment